Saturday, January 27, 2018

terminal - adb device always unauthorized


Im running Ubuntu 16.04


adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.32


However, when I plug in my devices for testing via ADB I always get an unauthorized error.


adb devices

List of devices attached
LGD855a1098057 unauthorized

adb works flawlessly on Windows 7 x64 SP1with Koushik Douttas Universal ADB driver and my friends Macbook , this singles out the Ubuntu 16.04 as the problem.


Things I have tried:




  • I tried revoking previous USB authorizations.


Nothing happened.



  • Switching adb debugging on and off.


However, the CLI just keeps mocking me with the unauthorized error.



  • Switching ports.



Each port on my 16 port development rig has been tried.




  • Updating adb.


    android-tools-adb is already the newest version (5.1.1r36+git20160322-0ubuntu3). android-tools-fastboot is already the newest version (5.1.1r36+git20160322-0ubuntu3).





Answer



Same problem here with exact same linux ubuntu version.


The solution for me that work well is



1 - adb kill-server


2 - sudo adb usb


after this you mobile will ask for authorization and work well. so, adb needs root privilege.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...