Thursday, February 1, 2018

samsung galaxy s - How to flash a custom recovery with heimdall (without touching the main system)?


The first recommended step in the installation of CyanogenMod on Samsung Galaxy S is flashing a custom recovery like ClockworkMod or the one from Replicant with a command like:


heimdall flash --kernel path/to/recovery.img

Now I feel that the instructions might be misleading:


I have done the first step wanting just to have a custom recovery mode, without proceeding to replacing the main OS on the device.


It seems I have done that wrong, because the device now always boots into the recovery mode.


What would be the correct heimdall command to just install a custom recovery system without touching the main system?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...