Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Android ROM, RAM, Internal storage, External storage and Battery utilization



I would like to know how the Android OS manages memory for Applications. When are the various memory hardware components like ROM, RAM, Internal storage and External storage used during an Application's life-cycle ? Does all this have an effect on battery utilization ? For e.g. If the RAM is half free then will it consume only 50% of power and likewise for ROM , Internal storage and external storage.


In short I want to understand and decide how I should use my Android phone to minimize battery consumption.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...