Thursday, February 15, 2018

Keep screen off when proximity sensor is covered (in pocket)


I just recently switched to Sony XPERIA Z5, and I am quite annoyed with it doing things in my pocket. The phone is set to wake on double tapping (which is handy, for a user coming from nokia n9 and jolla). So the phone will randomly goes to the emergency dialer, attempting to unlock, or even may trigger the camera while it is in my pocket.


Since the phone has a proximity sensor built in, is it possible to make the phone aware of that when the screen is off? I mean I don't need it to be automatically switched off whenever it is covered. However, it would be nice if the screen doesn't turn on to load the lock screen when the proximity sensor is covered.


There should be a proper way of doing this right? If a jolla and nokia n9 can do it, I suppose it is going to be easy with Androids?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...