Thursday, February 1, 2018

sms - How to move contacts and other data from Symbian to Android?


I am changing my mobile from Symbian (Nokia 5800 XpressMusic - S60v5) to Android (Samsung Galaxy SII). I want to move the following data from my old mobile to the new one somehow.



  • Contacts

  • Calendar Entries

  • Bookmarks


  • Notes

  • SMS, if possible


Other data like images, videos etc I can transfer using my memory card.


I have synced my contacts,notes already to Ovi Sync and calendar entries to Google calendar via Mail for Exchange.



Answer



As devnul3 has said, using Google for the contacts and calendar (I was using Google as an Exchange account, so I didn't have to do anything special). Just set your Android up with the same Google account.


Moving SMSs can be done with SMS Migrator, which can be found in the Android market. There's also the SPB migration tool, which looks like it can do everything but notes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...