Sunday, February 4, 2018

root access - (SOLVED) How to recover data from Android ... /sdCard/ ... /Downloads on Xiaomi Mi5 MIUI8 (Android 6 Marshmallow)


UPDATE: 2018/06/27, bootloader implies wipe and it is a dead end for Data Recovery, mount as USB Mass Storage implies root to change settings, and for Mi5 or MIUI 8 this implies flashing ROM (dead end too as implies Data overwritten) so the only method I found is this (if the device is functional) then with the RAW partition dump recover files is easy


(LEGACY-post as is solved)


I have a problem I want to solve:


Notice: This is a specific problem, please try to advice on that matter (see complications at the bottom), any help and clarification will be very appreciated.


Fact:





  • I deleted by mistake files on path .. sdCard / .. / Downloads (internal memory)




  • Seconds after mistaken-deletion, I shut off the device, to prevent overwriting.




Specs: Smartphone Xiaomi Mi5 Miui 8 (Android 6 Marshmallow) Non-rooted Stock-recovery


WiP (workflow):





  • I notice about USB Mass Storage instead MTP (as key feature to connect device to PC) (and use some kind of recovery app like (Recuva or R-Studio (r-tt.com))




  • But I don't know how to activate that (Mass Storage) on my specific device and MIUI (Android version)




Another choice is create a image dump from custom recovery (TWRP) but how to install custom recovery... ... without changing the stock ROM, ... I saw unlocked bootloader is needed


Complications:





  • How to recover data from (internal sdCard, eMMc | UFS), without overwriting data.




  • How to root (if needed) without the changing of custom-ROM (if it is possible), on this specific device.




  • How to install custom recovery (bootloader unlocked is needed) to make a "raw image dump" exact byte-by-byte from the recovery ( isolated image dump, to work with IT Forensics tools)





  • Xiaomi Mi5 (how to root, methods, if it is needed), and how to install custom recovery, TWRP (bootloader unlocking etc)




  • Thanks in advance, first post here (a reader for years), I hope some people lead the way ^^, I want to learn.




Xiaomi Mi5 particularities: (more info-sources will be appreciated)



  • root methods (without ROM-changing)


  • TWRP recovery (stock ROM if possible) => create internal memory RAW image) to work with.

  • Bootloader-unlock methods and process




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...