Friday, February 16, 2018

Is Android 3.0 Honeycomb only for tablets?


It wasn't long time since Android 2.3 Gingerbread was released and so for only a few phones has 2.3. And already a beta version of Android 3.0 Honeycomb is released.


What does this mean, is Android 3.0 only for tablets? If not, I guess that 2.3 will be very shortlived. If 2.3 is for phones and 3.0 is for tablets, that sounds like a fork of Android.



Answer



I think the conventional wisdom is that Honeycomb is a fork for Tablets only but this post suggests otherwise. It says that in an interview with Engadget, Matias Duarte claimed that Honeycomb would be for all form factors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...