Friday, February 9, 2018

boot - Startup apps not running at start up


I've recently purchased a Lenovo Vibe K5 mobile. The phone runs Android 5.1 Lollipop with the Lenovo UI layered on top.


I have been facing a strange problem. Apps that are set to start at startup simply don't start until I start them manually. This includes messaging apps like Telegram etc. (only WhatsApp somehow seems to startup, but it then often hangs), battery monitors, QualityTime, Resilio Sync, Twilight, etc.


This has become more than an annoyance as the failure to start messaging apps means I never receive messages. I've missed several important messages as a result.


I have checked in Bootup Manager and all these apps are listed as startup apps. I have also switched off Lenovo's "Intelligent power settings" system (which seems to basically terminate apps if they are running in the background).


I have made no modifications to the stock ROM except rooting it. I also experienced a weird problem with SMS not being received when I restored messages from a different phone from a backup. I eventually deleted the message database and started from scratch; that seems to have fixed the problem.


Is there any way to fix this problem? Where would I start? I am tempted to go the whole hog and replace the stock firmware with a custom ROM, but that is likely to bring its own problems in its wake. Is that the only route forward?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...