Thursday, February 1, 2018

security - How do I get rid of "Network may be monitored" in KitKat?


Ever since I've installed my own CA in the key store I'm getting warnings that the network may be monitored. Well, I guess that's a valid warning if I don't trust these certificates, but I really trust my own CA here; even more than the ones preinstalled.


How do I get rid of this warning I see at least once per day popping up?


This is on stock Android 4.4 KitKat on a Nexus 5.


enter image description here enter image description here



Answer




I was looking into the same issue, and it was answered on XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2537794


In short - it is possible if your phone is rooted to move the certificate to the System section.


Very annoying that it is not possible to exclude certificates from this warning - it only produces noise when I know that the cert is OK to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...