Tuesday, February 20, 2018

How mount (or auto mount) an usb stick formated with ext4 and be visible or working with apps on Android 5 , Marshmallow and later versions


The question appears in variate forms [1] just to say it is ridiculous on Android that ext4 is the default file system doesn't recognize usb pen formatted with ext4 (but android 4.4 reconize it without any problem), as a Linux user this is a big regression , and I still not found a way to usb be detect as usb , like pens with FAT32 or NTFS. I have root on my device .


[1]

Mounting a ext4 formatted sdcard on Android Marshmallow


Partition gets unmounted automatically in Android Oreo


External Ext4 card mounted only for root (!) on Android 5.1 64 bits


How to use an ext4 formatted sd card as external storage with working app permissions?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...