Friday, February 2, 2018

6.0 marshmallow - How can I ignore an incoming bluetooth connection/pairing request? Major Android Flaw


I accidentally tried to pair with a mystery bluetooth device from somewhere in the neighborhood awhile back, confusing it with a device I was trying to pair with. Now every time I turn on bluetooth in my house I get a pairing request from a mystery device. The neighbors don't know anything about bluetooth devices and I would feel weird going through their home looking for devices (plus that's really inappropriate). Can I get android to ignore this pairing request or is this a bug in android? If so, it seems like a serious flaw in the android OS itself. It's driving me nuts. I would pay money to stop this from happening. I use a Samsung Galaxy S5 with android 6.0. My next step is to reset my phone and see if that helps. I can't believe google left this big of a flaw in the android os that you can't block things when they spam you via bluetooth.


Just an update as of 8-23-2016. This looks to be a flaw in Android. I just wiped my phone completely and set it back up and the mystery device is still spamming my phone with connection requests and there is no way to stop it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...