Monday, February 26, 2018

browser - How can a complete web page be saved and viewed on an Android device?


There are situations I require to save a "complete" web page for offline reading. I can easily do that on Windows by saving the web page, but not on Android.


I am using Chrome on Android and I don't see a "save" option. Instead, I see "Save link" which, I believe, saves "only" the "pure HTML" version of a site of which the link leads to.


I have tried this but, when I view it in the HTML Viewer a lot of necessary CSS formatting and all the images were lost, which made the information misleading and incomplete respectively. (PS I thought I downloaded the complete page and the fault was that of the HTML Viewer for not rendering every thing, but I was wrong, as the desktop Chrome also displayed the "only HTML" version when I transferred those pages to my laptop through Bluetooth).



So, my question is: How can I download "a complete" web page on my Android smart-phone. It's OK if I can't view it on my smart-phone, but every thing should be in place when I view it on my laptop after transferring it. It is also OK if it is saved as a PDF file.


(PS I'm asking this as I use internet very often in my smartphone because my laptop is not connected to the internet. Also I want to transfer it to my laptop because I don't want to view those "important" pages on a small screen, it's inconvenient).



Answer



In chrome for mobile, you can save the opened web page as a PDF. To do that, you have to install the Google Cloud Print application to do this.


Once you have installed it, first open a desired web page in the chrome.


My webpage opened in Chrome Mobile


Then click on the menu icon and select on Print option. There you can select the Save As PDF option.


Chrome Print Option


Select the location and click on the save button. This should save a PDF of the current web page which you can read by using any PDF viewer that came with your smart phone.


Save as PDF option



Hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...