Saturday, January 12, 2019

What happens when I wipe the internal storage of a device using TWRP?


When I wipe the internal storage using TWRP recovery, does this fully wipe the contents of the phone's hard disk, leaving a blank, unformatted space? After doing this, will I be able to restore the stock firmware? I have two devices: a Nexus 7 2013 WiFi (flo) and a Moto G 2014 XT1068 (titan).



Answer



As for your first question: no, wiping data from the recovery just wipes the content of the partitions, not the partitions themselves. So your device's disk will still be divided into /data, /system, /cache etc., but those partitions will be blank.


As for your second question, yes, you will be able to restore the stock firmware, as long as you make a backup in the recovery onto an external SD card.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...