Thursday, January 31, 2019

4.3 jelly bean - How are Googles OTA (over the air) updates delivered/notified?


I've got a Nexus 4 (but this question relates to all eligible devices) currently running Android 4.2. However Android 4.3 was announced a few days ago.



  • I've run Check for Updates

  • I've followed the tips to checkin

  • I've done the trick to "Force Stop" the Google Service Framework app and then pressed "Clear Cache".


But none of this seems to be doing anything, and I'm still running an "Up to date" OS with 4.2.2.


Is this a carrier issue? Could it be because I'm not on one of the BIG THREE carriers in Canada (Rogers, Telus, Bell), but instead I'm on Virgin Mobile?





footnotes:


†: *#*#2432546#*#* or *#*#checkin#*#*



Answer



So I tried to "Clear Data", instead of just "Clear Cache" in the Google Service Framework (and Forced Stop).


I then ran the checkin again (Dial *#*#2432546#*#* in the phone app), and now I'm being shown the new Android 4.3 System Update.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...