Tuesday, January 1, 2019

4.1 jelly bean - How to show wifi password?



I have a rooted Samsung s3 mini, android version 4.1.2



How to show the saved wifi password of the router I am connected to?



Answer



From any file manager that allows root access to system files you can go into /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf file or directly search for wpa_supplicant.conf file.


You can open it with any text editor.


If you have Terminal Emulator you can also do this:


cat /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

You will find all your saved passwords inside that file. Password will be stored as:


network={
ssid="WiFiName"

psk="password"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
priority=1
}

No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...