Wednesday, January 9, 2019

rom flashing - How to flash Samsung devices from a GNU/Linux host running on ARM architecture?


To flash a Samsung Galaxy S (where do not have root access in the currently running OS, and with a stock recovery) with a new firmware (OS), I need to connect it with a USB cable to another computer and flash it from there.


There is a further problem if the other computer (which runs a GNU/Linux, Ubuntu) is ARM (it's a Toshiba AC100). So to flash a new OS onto the Samsung Galaxy S through the USB cable from the other computer, I'd need something like heimdall for ARM. It's not among the available pre-built downloads for heimdall. Perhaps, I will have to try to build it for ARM then...


Is obtaining heimdall for Linux on ARM possible?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...