Thursday, January 3, 2019

cyanogenmod - How to root the HTC One S (VilleC2)


I finally managed to unlock the bootloader of my HTC One S.


Now I want to root it to install CyanogenMod but I can only find guides for the normal HTC One S. However, it is a One S VilleC2. As far as I know, flashing the wrong ROM could brick my phone.


Well, I was able to find exactly one guide but I would have needed the HTC Sync Manager which I cannot install because the installation gives me a Blue Screen of Death on windows 8.1... So I'd need a guide that works without the Sync Manager (Windows 8.1 or Linux - Linux preferred).


Unfortunately I'm completely new to rooting Android and don't know what to pay attention to while doing so.





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...