Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Stereo audio input on any Android device?



Is there any Android device with a stereo audio input available?


I understand there is the analog microphone input commonly available on the headphone jack, but I am hoping there is a device out there that might have a stereo audio input hidden away on a dual-use USB port or something.



Answer



Good news! Android 5.0 has support for audio capture via USB class-compliant devices.


You'll probably have to use your device at 48 kHz, and mixer control isn't supported, but at least it's something.


My Zoom H4n works out of the box with a Galaxy S6.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...