Saturday, January 5, 2019

connection issues - Unable to connect my Nexus 7 to a PC



I searched a lot over the Internet and tried all the advice I found.


I have installed drivers from the ASUS site and changed C:\Windows\inf\wpdmtp.inf so it now contains


; Nexus 7
%GenericMTP.DeviceDesc%=MTP, USB\MS_COMP_MTP
%GenericMTP.DeviceDesc%=MTP, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E42&MI_00

both in [Generic.NTx86] and [Generic.NTamd64] sections.


My device is in MTP mode.


Computer sees it in PTP mode.


USB debugging is on.



It was said that I need Windows Media Player 11, but I have Windows 7 so it should be included, although I don't know where to check the version.


Here is what I see in device manager after all failed attempts:


screen shot




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...