Sunday, January 6, 2019

audio - How to make volume buttons on earphones/headphones work with Android?


I'm on the hunt for a great sounding, non-in-ear set of headphones with working mic, play/pause, and volume buttons.


I have Bang & Olufsen's EarSet 3i, which are among the best sounding headphones I've ever used. And all three button work perfectly in my MacBook Air and iPhone.



Obviously they don't work perfectly in my Nexus 4, since Android devices uses a different way of reading volume up/down buttons.


So, my question is rather simple, does anyone know how to make them work with Android, or alternatively any equally good headphones to the EarSet 3i's that work on Android? And to make it extra challenging, no in-ear ones please, cause I can't stand them :(


Or maybe anyone knows of some kind of adapter cable that can be used between an Android phone and iPhone compatible headphones to translate the volume button signals so the Android device understands them?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...