Monday, January 14, 2019

What currency does the Google Play Store display in?


So, according to the help desk (on Google), it says the following:



Note: You'll always see the currency you'll be charged in before you complete the transaction.



The only problem... Is, that I'm not seeing any currency changes. No prefixes (ie. A$##.##, S$##.## or U$##.##; for Australian Dollar, Singaporean Dollar or US Dollar) or anything.



I've found instances where people are seeing two different currencies; one before purchase and another after the purchase (in their current country's currency).


For example (Before purchase screen): enter image description here


(Confirm purchase screen) enter image description here




For me, it however... It does not change, so - I have no clue which currency it is actually showing prices in.


(Before purchase screen) enter image description here


(Confirm purchase screen) enter image description here


As for through an actual Android device, it only displays the amount and not the currency. enter image description here



Looking at all these pictures, will I be charged:




  • $2.33AUD? (Currency of credit card)

  • $2.33USD? (Assumption that Google is using its own currency)

  • $2.33SGD? (Currency of location; where I am)


Also, as usual - The above costs does not include processing/conversion fees and charges, and other stuffs and whatnot that goes behind the scenes that ends up getting lumped onto your bill.



Answer



Okay now I just checked the same app here as you can see:



So it shows the price in my local currency.



I also checked that 4.78 TL is equal to 2.33 AUD, so that price you see there is in AUD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...