Saturday, January 26, 2019

cyanogenmod - Android 5.0 Lollipop device not detected via USB



When the device is set to use MTP, neither Windows, nor ADB will detect the device when connect via USB cable. I have tried multiple cables, in multiple USB ports. I have not tried other computers yet, as this is the only one that actually has the driver installed.


Disclaimer: I am running an Unofficial CyanogenMod 12 build of Android 5.0.2


Device : LG G3 (LG-D855)
Android 5.0.2 CM12-Unofficial-20141228
Google USB Driver: Installed
USB debugging: Enabled
PC: Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1
No one, except me, has reported this as an issue in the XDA thread.


I have been unable to get my PC to detect the device via USB since I first installed CM12, which was around 11/10/2014.


MTP



adb devices - MTP


If i change to PTP, Windows will detect the device, as will ADB. But Windows will only let me access the internal storage, and Camera folders.


PTP


adb devices - PTP



Answer



After a couple of days of digging, I found the solution to this issue.


I opened up Device Manager. My first problem is I was looking for Android Composite ADB Interface, which is what it usually is called. I started looking harder. When I noticed ACER Device. My machine is not an ACER, nor do I have any ACER devices attached, or so I thought. I expanded that group and found ACER Composite ADB Interface.


These are the steps that I followed that got my ADB working with my device. YMMV.


ACER Composite ADB Interface




  • Download the latest USB Driver from Google

  • I right clicked this device

  • Uninstall

    • You may need to reboot after. I did.



  • Open device manager up again

    • The device may identify differently, and will probably have a triangle icon.




  • Scan for hardware changes

  • Right click the device again

  • Selected Update Driver Software

  • Clicked on Browse my computer for driver software browse

  • Select the path to the drivers that you downloaded at the first step, check the "Include subfolders" Let me pick

  • Let it install

  • Open a command windows (I had to open as administrator)

  • Run the following:


    adb kill-server




  • Now run:


    adb start-server






  • Finally run:



    adb devices







  • Profit! Success!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...