Thursday, January 31, 2019

internet - Disallow & prevent ALL data access (2G 3G ) for user (maybe even WiFi) directly or via MDM?


I saw this similar question but it does not ask or answer what I am asking.
How to totally block internet access (data) on an Android?
Completely block disable "data" period so that user cannot enable it or use it.


How can I disable mobile data completely?
Some of the answers here seem like good options, but I need a way where OTA/ SIM updates or the user/ employee cannot work/ hack around it easily.
Can any of these answers be applied in a way where it cant be easily reversed?


Completely disable & prevent 2G 3G ALL data access/ use (maybe even WiFi) on Android directly or via MDM?


There have been cases of some people I know (older family) that were brought an Android phone but inadvertently some Data was used without a Data Plan - more expensive.



Lets say instead of buying Feature Phones for some delivery boys, we bought Cheapest Android phones possible - The boss there just wants Phone calls with them and wants to ensure the boys wont be able to Rack up Data use/ bills on the phone -


Are there ways to Disable Data AND/ OR WiFI? Selectively or so? Maybe only have it on when being configured by MDM?


We will need the SIM to ensure Calls & SMS work. Is there a way to disable data use?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...