Sunday, January 6, 2019

rooting - Is it possible to root my phone without installing a custom ROM?


I have a Samsung Galaxy Stellar on Verizon.


Whenever I hear anything about rooting a phone, people always say that you have to install a custom ROM. How do I just use my current stock ROM and root my phone?



Answer



In theory - yes.


In practice, it varies from device to device - a very common way of an end-user obtaining root is to flash an insecure kernel. This can be a standalone kernel or a pre-rooted kernel + ROM combination. For certain devices, there are also available a number of 3rd party "one-click rooting" apps.



That being said, rooting might cause your device to be unusable (if not done correctly or something unexpected occurs), so read the instructions carefully before proceeding and ALWAYS backup your data to an external source like Dropbox or to your PC before you begin.


Here's a link (unverified) on how to root your Verizon Stellar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...