Tuesday, September 18, 2018

settings - Undo "Disable autofill for [app]"


I am referring to the system-wide password autofill feature that was introduced in Oreo. In one app, I accidentally fat-fingered the prompt; instead of pressing "Fill with [autofill service]," I pressed "Disable autofill for [app]." How can I undo this? I want to be able to use autofill with that app again.


These did not fix the problem:



  • Changing the autofill service to Google and then back


  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the app in which I want to use autofill



Answer



Long tap the username field, tap the three dots next to "Paste" and select autofill. There will be an option "Enable autofill for " where you can re-enable it.


Tried on Android P


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...