Wednesday, September 19, 2018

4.2 jelly bean - Offline voice recognition not working



When my phone is not connected to internet, voice search is showing "Can't reach Google at the moment" message and voice search is not working. It is working perfectly with internet connection.


The settings shows that it has English(UK) and English(US) as two downloaded languages for offline recognition. I have an android phone running JellyBean 4.2.2 in it. I think my OS version and RAM size (2 GB) supports voice recognition as mentioned in this answer.


Any idea how this can be solved?



Answer



Voice search works in offline mode in Android Lolipop. In previous version you can use offline voice recognition only for writing messages (after click microphone icon on Android on screen keyborad).


Also be sure that your Google application is up to date: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...