Tuesday, September 18, 2018

motorola droid - I keep losing my Swype keyboard



I'm running CM6 on a Motorola Droid.


Every now and then (at least once a day), my keyboard will revert from Swype back to the Stock Android Keyboard and I have switch back to the Swype keyboard to be able to use it again.


And sometimes (at least once every other day), the Swype keyboard will be completely disabled and I have to go back into Settings --> Keyboards and re-enable Swype.


This is starting to get really annoying. Any suggestions?



Answer



I believe this problem was caused by having Swype installed to the SD card. Moving Swype back to the phone's internal storage seems to have fixed the problem.


Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications-->Swype-->Select "move to phone"

No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...