Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Minimal set of .apk files to enable Google Play



I have some Android Froyo device not blessed by Google, so it doesn't have Google Play/Market or any of GAPPS by default and device maker won't make any firmware updates.


Is it even possible now to make Google Play/Market work with Android Froyo?


What is the minimal set of .apk, framework and lib files should I put in pertinent folders to enable Google Play on my Froyo device?




I don't want to put all of gapps from goo.im:



  • I want to conserve some space on device (small built-in SD CARD),

  • I think that some of them may be malicious (Virustotal detects EnhancedGoogleSearchProvider.apk as Android/GoManag.A)

  • I believe that there is some resonable minimum that works anyway





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...