Thursday, September 6, 2018

external display - How to connect your Nexus phone to a VGA projector?


I would like to connect my Nexus 5 to an external projector or monitor. I know that there is a SlimPort to HDMI adapter (I have it), however, projectors and standard monitors still have VGA (and no HDMI) output.


In addition to the SlimPort HDMI adapter by Analogix, I also bought the deleyCON HDMI to VGA adapter. The problem is that the external displays do not display any content (the SlimPort to HDMI cable is working, though). I also saw an SlimPort to VGA adapter from Analogix, but three customers say that it did not work either; see here for such a case.


Has anyone succeeded in connecting the Nexus 4 or 5 to a VGA display?



I note that How to use an Android phone or tablet to make a projector presentation? also addresses the problem. However, using a HDMI to VGA adapter (mentioned there as a possible solution) is not working. I am not sure if a real HDMI to VGA converter would be working, but they are typically bulky and I am wondering if there is a specific adapter to solve this problem.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...