Friday, September 7, 2018

6.0 marshmallow - Why to get Mobile Broadcast notices in OxygenOS 3.x abroad?


I am abroad and get such notices about cell broadcast etc when in Baltics in Fig. 1. My SIM card settings are in Fig. (2-3). Fig. 1 Broadcast-notice visible often in Baltics, Fig. 2 Settings > SIM Cards > Sim Card 1, Fig. 3 Settings > SIM cards > Sim card 2


enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here


I googled the [city] 14442 but could not find anything about it. Perhaps, it is some piece of information about radio channels but could not find about it. Some threads recommend to configure Call Settings (here thread Turning off cell broadcast in HTC Desire 816).

To turn them off in OxygenOS, you can go to Settings > More > Mobile Broadcast settings > choose there appropriately.



  • Turn off Amber alerts.


OS: OxygenOS 3.1 (Android 6.x)
Phone: Oneplus 2
Related: Examples of mobile broadcasts being used, Turning off cell broadcast in HTC Desire 816



Answer



Android 6 feature in some regions. I have not get them in default Android 7 anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...