Friday, September 28, 2018

samsung galaxy s - Can I install Darky ROM using CWM even if I'm not coming from a previous Darky ROM?


I want to install Darky ROM to replace my stock Gingerbread phone.


Can I do this without Odin, using CWM, or will that only work if I have a previous version of Darky?



Answer



If you have a working CWM or 2e recovery you can flash Darky's with it just fine from a stock ROM. If you have a lagfix, particularly the ext2 OCLF, be sure to undo it first. (It appears Darky's uses the Voodoo ext4 lagfix, so no need to disable Voodoo beforehand. See Is the Voodoo lagfix compatible with Darky's ROM?)


Note that your data will be wiped unless you're already using Darky's, as per the XDA thread.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...