Friday, September 14, 2018

2.2 froyo - Why do new photos take so long to show up in the Gallery?



If I take some photos, and then go to the Gallery app, those photos do not always appear immediately. I've tried causing the Gallery to refresh, but the images simply do not appear for more than 15 minutes. I can open the Camera app again and browse through them, so I know they have been stored.


Is there a way to eliminate the latency between when a photo is taken using Camera and when it appears in Gallery?



Answer



The delay is because the Android media scanner process doesn't run constantly. There's an app in the market to force it to run -- http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.addz.mediascanner


I haven't used this app personally, but it is highly rated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...