Wednesday, September 26, 2018

file system - How to read ext4 filesystem without mounting on a non-rooted device?


I perfectly know it is not possible to mount an ext4 partition from a USB key without root.


But in my case, I just need to read a password inside a .txt file (I don't have a PC right now and in the following weeks). This doesn t requires mounting it.


I know there's a Paragon plugin which allows acessing NTFS partitions without root inside Total Commander but it only works on exFAT and NTFS filesystems. But it proves it should be possible to do the same thing on ext4 without root.


So how to access my password right now without being able to root my device?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...