Friday, August 31, 2018

6.0 marshmallow - Remove Alarm Tone?



Last year I bought an RCA Voyager (tablet) running android 6.0.1 (marshmallow), and between now and then I have added custom tunes to my 'Alarms' folder to spice things up a bit.


My problem is that I accidentally added an alarm that I do not wish to use. I searched the whole clock app for a remove or delete option, but could not find one. I deleted the tone directly from the 'Alarms' folder, but it is still registered in the list (only it now uses the default sound). I attempted clearing the application's data, that didn't work either. I downloaded an app for removing ringtones and alarm tones, but it would not even run. I went as far as installing an app that can access the /system directory, but it was too complex in there and I did not want to break anything. My device is not rooted.


So this really boils down to: is it at all possible to remove custom alarm tones?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...