Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Change Facebook (and others) photo saving folder


I'd like to ask a question about the facebook app (but it is not only one that does this). Currently, when I save any photo from facebook, it saves into /DCIM/Facebook.


Now I would not normally care where the photos are stored as long as Gallery app sorts them right, but the fact it goes into DCIM folder makes it behave wrongly with the Google Photos app.


Google Photos treat all those Facebook saved posts as "Camera photos" and tries to synchronize them to server, which I obviously do not want (I store photo albums on GPh, I do not need meme pics among them) and I cannot refine the synchronize options any more (only "Camera" is chosen to sync).


Is there a way to exclude those downloaded pictures from sync? Or make Facebook save its downloads to, say, /Pictures/Facebook ?


Same as above also happens in DCIM/Screenshots while clipping parts of screen.


Phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android 6.0.1


Thanks in advance




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...