Wednesday, August 1, 2018

How do I save an address in Google Navigate?


I see that there is a Star system but I really can't seem to figure out how to star a map in the application, or outside of it for that matter, it's driving me insane.


How to I save an address in Google Navigate, from my Android device?




Finally figured out how to do it in Chrome but I keep forgetting how. Not intuitive at all.


In Google Chrome type in an address. Once the search results pop up click the blue link on the side bar. The little popup box will show up in the map blocking the view of the map. There is a star in there. Click it. (Red Circle in picture will help.)


screenshot


But still don't know how to do the same thing on the Android app?




Answer



If you are referring to the Google Maps Android application (aka maps), the star option is available from within the location details:



  1. Open the "maps" app;

  2. Search or navigate to the desired location;

  3. Tap over the balloon with the location name;

  4. After the location options page opens, you'll find on the top/right corner a star;

  5. Tap the star and that location is now starred by you.


screenshot composition







  • Navigation app


    In the Navigation app, swipe left to see your "Starred" locations. Tap the one you want to get your Navigation directions.




  • Maps app


    Tap the top/left app icon, just before the search box and select "My Places".





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...