Thursday, August 23, 2018

6.0 marshmallow - Why is my phone ignoring OTG USB?


I have 2 phones.
1. Android 4.4.4 - When OTG USB is connected, it automatically mounts with no problems and I can manage files, watch movies from it, etc.
2. Android 6.0 - when OTG USB is connected, phone fully ignores it (does nothing).


Why can't second phone mount it exactly like a first does? Do I have to install some application that takes care of it? First phone is rooted, second is not. Can that be a problem?



Answer



Its not the android version describes that it can connect OTG(On-The-Go), its the capability of the device. Huawei P8 Lite has no OTG connectivity as described here : P8 lite review


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...