Tuesday, August 21, 2018

keyboard - Stock dialer app on Andorid Kit Kat does not like to bring up the num pad



Device: Note 2 (Verizon i605)


Rom: CyanogenMod 11 (Kit Kat 4.4.2)


App; ASOP dialer




Whenever I fire up my phone app to call someone, and click on the keyboard, a white box (1/5 of the screen) pops up. I have to click on it again to make it go away, then click on the dial button and the buttons show up. Does anyone have any thoughts and suggestions how to go about fixing this?


Screenshots (click images for larger variants):


dialer / phone app pressing the num pad on the bottom gives me this little box
dialer / phone app // pressing the num pad on the bottom gives me this little box


pressing BACK (or tapping anywhere else) shrinks the little box, and then I can hit the num pad to get the numbers back up
pressing BACK (or tapping anywhere else) shrinks the little box, and then I can hit the num pad to get the numbers back up



Answer



I had the same issue, not with Cyanogen, but stock android in Nexus 5 phone. I solved the issue temporarily as follows :


Go to Settings > Developer Options


Change Animator Duration Scale to 0.5x (may be more. At first I set it in None, so it didn't work. Changing to 0.5x solved my problem. I didn't check other options like 1x etc).



This method solved me in Nexus 5. (Not sure about Note 2, try it and let's know)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...