Friday, August 3, 2018

google play store - Download issues with Android Marketplace: "Download unsuccessful"


Archos 43 Internet Tablet owner here.


I've been happily using the Google Android Marketplace since purchasing this device, but recently, my application downloads and updates are not working. Either the download attempts to start and nothing happens, or I immediately get a "Download unsuccessful" message. I'm not sure what changed to make this happen.


Today, I also got a PowerAMP error indicating that they can't verify my PowerAMP license (Cause: Android Market response- ERROR CONTACTING SERVER).


Maybe this is a firmware issue? Currently using Firmware 2.3.26 (Android 2.2.1).


No issues with AppsLib or Amazon App Store, but some apps are only on the Android Marketplace, and I want to use them!


Any help troubleshooting this is appreciated.



Answer



Try going to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All and clearing the data for the Market (you may need to Force Close it first), then reboot your phone. This has fixed a similar issue for me before.



I think the PowerAMP issue is unrelated, their server is probably down temporarily.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...