Friday, August 17, 2018

Does rooting mean I will always run my device as root?






Possible Duplicate:
How exactly does “root” user access/account works? Do all applications run as root on my phone after rooting?



I understand the root user under Linux and the goal of rooting an Android device. Though, when people say "rooting", does it mean I will always use my device as root? Or just while I apply my changes?



Answer



No. Rooting in that case means that apps are able to request root. If they do so, then usually a pop-up appears asking for your permission.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...