Monday, August 6, 2018

uninstallation - How can I deal with unwanted system applications without rooting?


There are a lot of system apps in my mobile that I do not use, and have no intention of ever using. I know that is is possible to uninstall system apps and bloatware with root, but is it possible without root?


Are there any non-root options that will help me to deal with unwanted system applications?



Answer



No, that is impossible -- as only root can make the system partition writable (which is required to delete a system app, which is stored there). However, using ICS (Android 4.0) or above, you can at least "freeze" them (make it "invisible and unusable") -- and, if you later decide otherwise, also unfreeze them again (see e.g. How to Remove / Disable the Bloatware Apps in the HTC One X or Bye-bye, bloatware: Disable system apps in Android Ice Cream Sandwich).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...