Sunday, August 19, 2018

Restore specific items using Titanium Backup without root?


I regularly backup my entire phone using Titanium Backup.


For the next two weeks or so, im going to be using my friends phone. Id like to restore a few things from the backup (contacts, some app data etc.) without rooting it. Is there any way?



Answer



Titanium stores the .apk's in /sdcard/TitaniumBackup/ and the data in the same folder in zip files. You can click the .apk to install it when viewing in a file manager.


To restore the data, you can extract the zip file on a PC and copy the contents of the data folder (another folder named something like com.domain.appname) to /data/data/ on the device using adb:


adb push com.domain.appname /data/data/


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...