Friday, August 3, 2018

4.1 jelly bean - Install CA without having to activate screen lock


I have a Nexus 7 (Android 4.1.1) and I want to add a CA (Certificate Authority) to my device to use it for the ssl-connection to my mail server. The CA is self-signed. The Certificate does only contain the public key of the CA (of course!).


I also want to keep my screenlock disabled because on a tablet not leaving my house it does not make sense to have a screen lock.


Now the problem arises: Whenever I want to import the CA, Android wants me to change my screenlock to digits/password which I want to avoid.


Can this behaviour somehow be prevented? There is nothing security critical at a public key of a CA.


I know that when the phone is rooted one can add a CA, but I want to avoid rooting my phone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...