Monday, October 12, 2015

4.2 jelly bean - Enable software menu without virtual keys


I have a broken touch screen at the bottom of my Jiayu G45 (Android 4.2.2) phone. Thus the capacitive buttons are not available any more. I've found a program (Soft Buttons) which enables software menu in apps but as a side effect it occupies a part of the screen at the bottom and renders virtual buttons there (back, home etc.). Those buttons don't work for me and I don't want to dedicate a part of screen for them. So I wonder whether it is possible to enable the software menu without virtual buttons?


I have root access.


Soft Buttons does almost what I need. When "enable virtual keys" option is selected it sets two properties in /system/build.props


# added by Soft Buttons
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
ro.show.navigationbar=yes


and asks to reboot. What I expected that setting


qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
ro.show.navigationbar=no

will do exactly what I need. But it looks like the second prop value is just ignored in case first one is set to 0, as navigation bar is still shown.


Here is a screenshot (just an example, not a screenshot from my phone)


(Click the image to enlarge).


IMG:



Answer




After the OP made his question more clear ,I have a more simple solution since he doesn't need a navigation bar he just want the virtual menu called The three dots button


requirements :



  1. Xposer installer get it from here (JB/KK only ) for Lollipop or Marshmallow it's over here

  2. 3dot Mod xposed module get it from here


Procedure :




  1. Install the module on you phone ,activate it under Xposed installer >> modules ,reboot the phone when activating it for the first time





  2. it's Done the nav bar will disappear and the 3dot button will always show up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...