Wednesday, October 28, 2015

touchscreen - Touch enabled monitors and Android



I need to buy new monitor for my PC and I'm thinking about touch enabled monitors like DELL ST2220T or IIYAMA T2250MTS. I recently bought Gooseberry Board with Android on it and it would be great if I could connect it by HDMI cable to one of these monitors and use touch screen like i would on a tablet. Does anybody know if Android can work with such touch enabled monitors? Maybe someone have touch enabled monitor and could check it somehow?



Answer



The touch-screen part of a touch-screen monitor doesn't work over HDMI, but with a separate USB interface. It requires drivers specific to that monitor. To make it work with the Gooseberry Board under Android you'd have to find or write drivers for that monitor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...