Saturday, October 17, 2015

Can Whatsapp messages be restored from email chat history?


My Whatsapp chats got wiped after a ROM flash that resulted in a soft brick. The other person uses Windows Phone 8, and I have an email from that mobile with the chat history txt file. Can I restore the messages on my phone with this file, perhaps by editing the DB file that Whatsapp backups create? Just the message text would be great, I do not care for the dates or other metadata.


This is probably not an easy task, and I'm ready to roll up my sleeves and dig in. Any general pointers to get started would be great.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...