Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Samsung S7 Oreo upgrade decreased screenshots quality


I did this week the Oreo upgrade on my Samsung S7 device. When I'm now taking a screenshot, the file is in JPG instead of PNG and the quality is just terrible.



I really need to revert back to the higher quality screenshots, I'm publishing crops of the screenshots on my own website. I simply cannot bring to my users such bad image quality.


Had a look to the Advanced settings parameters, but nothing I can change except something called "Smart capture" which seems not related to my problem.


To demonstrate what I mean, here is a 100x100 pixel crop from Android 8 version and from Android 7 version. The left part of the image is the bad quality screenshot from Oreo, the right part is what I had before the system upgrade.


screenshot quality comparison


I don't care about the JPG or PNG format, but the quality is mandatory.


Any hints to set the quality back to the original ? Can anyone tell me if this "nice" feature is something from Oreo or from Samsung Experience 9.0 which came with the Oreo upgrade ? I suspect the latter (would lead me to stock Android if this is the case).


Thanks in advance !




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...