Tuesday, October 27, 2015

sony xperia - How do I make the camera app save photos to the SD card right after taking them?


I know how to move photos and videos to the SD card, but I want to have it save photos and videos to the SD card in the first place, instead of the internal memory. I need that because I have very little internal storage space, only 1.72 GB, and 1.3 GB is already taken up by apps. (Mysteriously, it says apps are consuming 1.9 GB, but I know that at least 600 MB of apps is on the SD card, which has far more space), and when recording a long video, I have to do it in sequences because otherwise, it runs out of space rather quickly while recording, and stops the recording. Then I have to go into the settings app, tell it to move garbage, go back into the camera, and record the next sequence. No time for that? Too bad...


Bottom line, can I set the camera app, or basically anything that wants to save photos, to save the pictures or videos to the SD card in the first place?



Answer



There's a setting for that in the Camera App, which lets you toggle the default save location. You need to scroll down for it, though, and that's not very obvious. But, there is a setting for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...