Sunday, October 18, 2015

wi fi - How to prevent Wifi auto-connect without forgetting that connection


In my workplace, we have both "real" and "test" wifi connection points. All are password-protected, with passwords that are difficult to remember. Normally I want to be connected to a real wifi, but from time to time, my work requires that I connect to a specific test wifi. I would like to retain the connection information for these test wifi services, including the password, but not auto-connect to them.


With my tablet (running Windows), for each connection listed, there is a checkbox for "auto-connect". I can uncheck that box and retain the information on how to connect, but connect only when I do so manually.



Is there anything equivalent on Android, or is my only choice to write down those passwords, and tell Android to forget the test connections after each time I use them?


Thank you for your attention.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...