Saturday, October 3, 2015

Is there an efficient way to calibrate the battery than using some apps?


Is there an efficient way to calibrate the battery of my tablet in order to prove or disprove the very low battery backup than using some Apps.?


The context is that my tablet is giving a very low battery back up and when I contacted customer care, they are asking me to do a battery calibration by using some app. But, by some other posts in this forum and other help, I was able to understand that Battery Calibration apps does not make a much difference in battery backup improvement or to prove that my battery is really problematic. And there rises this question.


Thanks for your suggestions in advance.



Answer



The best method is the manual DIY method :D


Step 1: Drain your battery by using it normally until it turns off by itself
Step 2: Power-on your phone, if it wakes up and you see some power left, do step 1
Step 3: If phone is now drained to the point it can't wake up, Charge it to 100%
Step 4: Once fully charged, power-on phone, and charge it again. Leave it until completely charged

Step 5: Unplug, use, and enjoy.


This makes the phone remember the minimum and maximum voltage, discharge rate and other factors that constitute the battery capacity


WARNING: Do not do this frequently! It will put strain on Li-ion batteries that majority of phones use now. Do this if and only if you are noticing shutdowns on yellow battery bar, cannot charge 100%, and erratic battery capacity display. But still I do this once a month to keep my battery calibrated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...